Monday 8 August 2011

Battle at WOLF_K162 Part-2...


I will start by apologising for the amount of time it has taken to write the second part of this Post but I have been finding it hard to find the time of day to write it as I do love to play the game at night and work always gets in the way during the day :-) but I suppose I have to pay the bills some how lol, I will also apologise now if I don't mention names directly, I know you guys love to see your names in print but I have been warned of the dangers of putting to much detail into my blog posts, so if your reading this and you were involved you know who you are and you can feel proud to be a part of it lol :-)

Anyway the story Continues..

So after the alliance came to our rescue and secure the Wormhole exit, and for the time being and halting the attack on our POS everyone decides to call it a night with some of the alliance loggin off at our POS so they are ready for the next day, at this point I have to log to as by now its getting quite late and with the morning starting to get closer I decide I need to sleep.

I spend the next day constantly checking my evemail at work watching for mails ect. until I get home and can once again log in, as I enter my POS shield I see there attack fleet hitting on our defences at this point I realise I had left the POS guns turned off as I start turning it back on they leave and go back to hit and run bomb runs this slows down the attack a bit, during this time alliance members start loggin in and start planning how to move forward while I find the exit, over the following hour or 2 the alliance amass a huge fleet of about 40+ pilots willing to help and they then start to form up in a system or 2 outside the target system while this was happening an unwitting and slightly unlucky protious decides to come into the WH for a poke around unfortunately for us and him this collapses the WH behind him leaving him to die a horrible death with no way of escape, this unfortunately means we have to find the new exit and move the fleet there which again takes another hour.

Finally we get the new entrance and then the fleet in place and we start jumping ships in due to the size of the fleet this task takes a little time and the number of ships we have took 2 or 3 wormholes to get everyone in, Large fleets always impress me and this one didn't disappoint it was immense, I have been in other alliances before and none of them have impressed me as much as this one, (so a big thank you to everyone) so anyway with the fleet amassed and everyone on comms the attack on the invaders started, at this point I would like to say you guys from Endless frontiers had put an amazing set up on your POS as I think it was quite tough to take out, however with a lot of persistence our fleet started to take the mods out, the fight when on through the night with a few hilarious moments where the enemy came out of there own POS for it to shoot at there own members (its happens to the best of us) however time started to get the better of us and we were unable to get the POS into re-enforced before people had to start logging off this ment fighting would have to be postponed until the next day.

again I spent the next day nervously watching my mail while at work as my corp mates send out reports of things that are happening, and this is when I start getting reports saying the enemy would like to start talking about a truce and the possibility coming to some arrangement where we both stay in the WH, at first I like the rest of my corp were apposed to this idea as we felt that the trust issues were now to big to overcome however when I logged in one of our alliance guys brought me into a comms conversation with the CEO of Endless to talk possible outcomes and resolutions, and while I can stand firm with my decisions when its just faceless text, when its a voice conversation and you start to hear its not some 15year old trying to rule the world or that he's not the spawn of Satan but some nice guy my views start to sway (this is why I have storm she is the firm one).

the result of these talks ended in a cease fire and and guidelines being set out where we could share the resource of the WH without anymore ships or PODs being lost and although I know a few of the alliance members were unhappy about this decision (including Stormo who has now forgiven me) we finally decided that it was the best thing also meaning that people didn't have to spend another late night POS bashing which as we all know is a long boring process.

its now been a few weeks and all has been well with both sides communicating and the offering of help so although neither side fully trust each other, I think it will work out. So a big hats off to all the guys and alliance member who were involved as without you guys we would have never been able to hold the Wormhole or even come to the resolution we ended up coming to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment